Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

When is the Last Time You've Laughed?

I absolutely love to laugh. In fact, I just happen to naturally laugh multiple times on a daily basis. Anybody who knows me knows that I am very silly and I enjoy that part of being me. One of the reasons I believe I can smile every day is because of the fact that I laugh a lot. I've come across people in my life that seem so intense and so serious and I wonder how can they really be happy being that way. Their faces are so stoic and they don't find anything to be funny. In my opinion, they need to laugh more.

If you have found yourself being way too serious lately, it is time for you to laugh. One of my favorite memories was when my childhood friend was coming out of the hospital after getting surgery for a hernia he had. I drove him back home and spent the day with him just so he would have some company as he recovered. The poor guy didn't have his urinating function for a while and even though I knew he was in great discomfort, we found a way to giggle about it. Later that day, we went to see Rush Hour 2 at the local movie theatre. I felt so bad for my friend because he wanted to burst out laughing so much but he couldn't and that made the overall experience hilarious. We still laugh about that to this day.

Because we've known each other so long, he also knows the time when we were both in elementary school and my mom used to send me breakfast pockets to eat before I went to school. I didn't like them and instead of telling my mom that, I kept a collection of breakfast pockets in my backpack until they started smelling everything up. My mom was getting complaints from school and one day told me to empty out my backpack. When I did, a bunch of molded breakfast pockets were unveiled. When my mom asked me why I did it, I had a stupid look on my face that was probably classic. We still laugh about that too.

Stop taking life so seriously. Not laughing is not a sign of maturity. It is a sign to you need to loosen up and start enjoying life a little more. It is okay to laugh. Doctors will even tell you that you should laugh. If you're not laughing daily, make it your mission to do so. Everybody is going to find different things that are funny for them. Find that out for yourself. Just keep it good-natured.

And now, I leave you with something that has me laughing to tears every time I see it. A much needed JaVale McGee clip to make sure I get my daily dose of laughter in:



Laugh this weekend,

LandoRigs

No comments:

Post a Comment