Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2014

Take Time to Be Thankful


It's been almost a full week since I've been online to post anything on here. And that's the beauty of being able to have your own blog that is based on your own vision and your own direction. You write when you feel it is time to write, but if you don't have anything, that's okay too.

Today, I just want to remind everyone, including myself, to find things to be thankful for on a daily basis. It can start with just being alive, having food to eat, clothes to wear, a car to drive to our destinations, good health if we have it, etc. Sometimes, we can allow our bad circumstances to become so influential in our lives that we forget all the good things. It's always important to remember those good things. I never really fully appreciated how important that was until I was diagnosed with my kidney disease.

It may seem like I bring up my kidney disease a lot on the blog, but it really was a life changing event for me. Being in the position that I was in, when I was in that hospital back in March 2012, I had no choice but to be thankful of all the good things and good people in my life. God has been more than good to me in my 35 years on this planet and that goodness extends even to this very moment. This thankfulness plays a key role in why I can still have happiness and joy even with my condition and many other challenges that have been in my life in the past two years.

Don't wait until Thanksgiving to be thankful for something. I know that it can be hard at times when you're going through a rough season in your life to think outside of your circumstances. But it can certainly help ease the burden. I also know that when we are going through things, it seems like we have it the worst because we are the ones who directly feel it. But I can guarantee you that there are probably others out there that have it worse than we do. In no way am I belittling our trials, but if you can put food in your mouth, you have something to be thankful for. In America, we're so used to being consumers that can never get enough to the point where we're constantly thinking about what we don't have versus what we do have. For some of us, we need to change our way of thinking.

The older I get, the more I am appreciative of everything in my life. I am appreciative of everything that God has done in my life and for always be there with me through good and bad. I am appreciative of my parents for the great things that they taught me while I was growing up. I am so thankful for my father, who I lived with all the way to the age of 30 till I got married. I am thankful for my brothers, who are truly my brothers in practice, not just by blood. I am thankful for my wife, who has gone through the toughest challenges in my life right along with me and still greets me with a smile every morning. I am thankful for my stepdaughter, who is so special and precious. I am thankful for all the people I've ever worked for and worked with. I'm thankful for the opportunities I've been given and for all the friends I've made along the way. And I am certainly thankful for all my friends, who have blessed me far beyond anything I could do to bless them. Now, that's just the people in my life that I'm thankful for and not even getting into all the good things I've been blessed with.

So take some time and reflect on all the good people and things you have in your life. Do this on a regular basis. This is what makes our lives so rich and puts a smile on our faces. I guarantee it will improve your life.

Thankful for you all,

LandoRigs

No comments:

Post a Comment